In 2019 HIPSIR organized student leaders training sessions together with Loreto Msongari Girls Secondary School a school that HIPSIR regularly partners with. The training was on leadership and peacebuilding practice, with the objectives of the training being:
- To contextualize the environment that students are operating in – family, school, and society.
- To expose student leaders to various understandings and styles of leadership.
- To share the importance of spirituality in leadership – the place of values, including identifying the characteristics of both good and poor leaders.
- To create a safe space for students to share experiences in leadership including successes and challenges
- To expose student’s leaders to peacebuilding skills
The students training also took the students through social media and Christian values. This included different sessions including: Experience on social media, the impact of social media on sexual orientation, Christian values in social media and group discussions on how to develop good values to counter impacts of social media.