In 2019 HIPSIR organized student leaders’ training sessions together with Loreto Msongari Girls Secondary School a school that HIPSIR regularly partners with. The training was on leadership and peace-building practice, with the objectives of the training being:
- To contextualize the environment that students are operating in – family, school, and society.
- To expose student leaders to various understandings and styles of leadership.
- To share the importance of spirituality in leadership – the place of values, including identifying the characteristics of both good and poor leaders.
- To create a safe space for students to share experiences in leadership including successes and challenges
- To expose student leaders to peace-building skills
The students training also took the students through social media and Christian values including
- Experience on social media,
- The impact of social media on sexual orientation
- Christian values in social media
- Group discussions on how to develop good values to counter impacts of social media.